Find out more about the power of affirmations at the Affirmative Contemplation website at http://www.AffirmativeContemplation.com . You can receive Dr. Rebbie Straubing’s Free e-Course, 7 Secrets for Manifesting Your Heart’s Desire, at http://www.yofa.net/7secret.html . Dr. Rebbie Straubing is a workshop leader, Abraham Coach, and inspirational writer.
“One comes to believe whatever one repeats to oneself sufficiently often, whether the statement be true or false. It comes to be dominating thought in one’s mind.”
– Robert Collier
Repetition of words creates repetition of thoughts.
Repetition of thoughts creates reality.
By intentionally choosing the words that wallpaper your mind, you change the tone of the room in which you live and you change the life you are living.
******* The Power of Words *******
We typically dilute our words by drawing them from vague and conflicted states of mind. We present a muddy impression on the creative medium in which we live and our reality mirrors our dull efforts. This is so easy to remedy that you may actually shock yourself with your radical improvement in results as you become more intentional with your affirmations.
Words are not just signposts that point to meaning. When we use them to simply report what we observe it’s like using a racecar to deliver newspapers.
Words are powerful instruments of manifestation. When given an open road they will perform extraordinary feats.
******* Eliminate These Words *******
We use certain words habitually and somewhat unconsciously. By eliminating them from your affirmations, you will automatically begin implementing 2 of the 3 ways to supercharge your affirmations, without even yet knowing what these 3 ways are.
Here are the words to eliminate:
no, not, don’t, doesn’t, never, won’t, can’t, stop, quit, will, am going to, should, want to, plan to, hope to.
Every time you create an affirmation, check for these words. If you find them, reword your affirmation without them.
******* 3 Superchargers for Your Affirmations *******
==>Always Affirm in the Present Tense
When you are creating an affirmation, you are like an artist creating a painting. Whatever you affirm with your paintbrush becomes the reality on the canvas. As an affirmation artist, you do not have colors on your palette. Your words are your paint. You are pulling potential realities from the formless realm into the manifest realm through the narrow birth canal of your carefully chosen words.
Choose your words in the present tense so that the reality you choose becomes experienced now. Now is the only time that has the mystical power to pour forth a manifestation. If you word your affirmations in the future by saying, “I will…,” you keep that carrot dangling in the fictitious future and you pull the plug on the power of your affirmations. A surefire way to begin an affirmation is with the sacred words, “I am…”
==> Always Affirm in the Positive
You are bothering to create an affirmation because you are living something unwanted and you desire a change. It is only natural that you would understand your desire as not wanting what you’ve got. But if you point your affirmation toward getting rid of a habit or condition, if you say what you will not do, or if you affirm that something will go away, you are actually chaining yourself to it.
It simply does not work.
In fact you’d be better off not to affirm at all because this sort of negative affirmation is like affirming the opposite of what you want. Remember, to affirm means to make firm. It is the process of bringing things into form. Remember also that the universe does not hear the word “no.” So whatever you are talking about, whether you are affirming or denying it, you are in effect, affirming it.
Instead of saying, “I will quit smoking,” which is both in the future and negative, say something like:
All my actions are healthy and intentional. I choose my actions and I enjoy all my choices. I am in charge of my actions. I have healthy life affirming habits. I love being in charge of my life.
==> Feel as if it’s Already True
Once you have a well-chosen phrase to affirm, one that is positive, in the present tense, and feels good when you consider it, enter into its world. Step into the affirmation as if it were already your reality. When you say it, imagine that it is already true. Feel how you would feel if it were already manifest. Steps 1 and 2 build a powerful rocket. Step 3 lights the fuse and sends it off with a blast.
Affirmations can literally change your life. They are free. Everyone has equal access to them, and they work day and night, always ready and willing to bring your good to you. Use these 3 superchargers every time you do an affirmation process and watch your life transform before our eyes.
Positive Affirmations, how do they work? What changes can I expect?
Affirmations are one of the tools you can use to radically change your life. There is nothing new age, mystic, trendy or fashionable about them. Affirmation is part of an ancient ‘ Secret’, re-discovered and brought back to the limelight by TV. film and press, transforming with it several people into very wealthy gurus.
Affirmations have been around since man found the use of language and there is no secret ritual to use them.
You can basically have anything you want! This tool, if used correctly, will help you change, grow, and heal yourself.
I want to introduce you to the basics of positive affirmation and positive thinking. Later on you may want to surf the web and find out more about this fascinating subject.
When you start the affirmations, give yourself at least a thirty day tryout period. Depending on the seriousness of the problem you may need more time and more affirmations to achieve your goals. Talk to your family and friends about your resolution to change and ask them for their support. If it is a radical change you are envisioning a life-coach will be very useful suggesting the best approach to use and to keep you motivated. This is a big step. Opening up to relatives and friends show your commitment to change and solidify your intentions.
Don’t get discouraged, impatient or put off if nothing happens in a week or two. Just remember that you didn’t become this way overnight.
Affirmations can and will transform your life patterns and perception.
Affirmations support your positive thinking and together they form a very powerful and effective tool. They function as ‘key words’ of positive messages ‘dictated’ directly to the self. You consciously connect and direct your positive thinking to areas of your life that you want to change or heal. It works as a reminder to the self, keeping positive messages at the forefront of consciousness.
The benefits of affirmations are medically well established and really work.
On the other hand negative thoughts are just as powerful. So be aware of your negative thoughts as they are in essence self-destructive ‘key words:’ psychological mechanisms that make your life rotten.
First, let’s check how aware you are of your thoughts.
Do you regularly have more positive or more negative thoughts running through you mind?
Only you can honestly answer that. So get ready.
If your subconscious is throwing out lots of negative thoughts then you must do some ‘brain-cleaning’ before moving into the desired new positive affirmation mode.
This may be very familiar to you, as your mind swirls with thoughts like: “I don’t like this, I like that, I feel great, I hate him/her, I am afraid of, I don’t want them to see me like this, I am not sure about that, I feel rotten”.
Your mind incessantly interprets your experiences as an internal dialogue. These thoughts are generated on a deep level by your beliefs which were formed and accumulated from the time you were born.
We can’t control most exterior events of our lives but we do control how we interpret and react to them.
We create our own reality.
When we change our interpretation a change takes place in our reality.
So become aware of your thoughts. If you change your thinking, big changes will happen in your life.
Take a minute to think about why you are reacting to something or someone.
Get in touch with yourself. Accept the fact that these thoughts may have helped you in the past but they are out of place now that you have chosen to accept only positive thoughts and positive living.
While doing the new affirmations your mind will let go of the negative messages even if you are not aware if it.
Watch out also for resistance within yourself. With certain affirmations you may question, “What in the heck” – “are you kidding?”
It is ok, it is an old habit that is about to be changed. You grew up and had these thoughts for almost all of your life. Now it is time to form a new habit and you need lots of practice.
Let’s get started.
What would you like your life to be?
Think about it and write it down.
Fulfillment with your job, a happy family, better health, financial security?
Don’t hold back, go for it.
For the beginners the easiest way is to choose and write down two or three things you want changed.
For example, if you feel unloved and financially strapped, one of your affirmations could be: ” I am now ready to receive more love and wealth” and you may add ”from the vast supply of the universe”.
If you also wrote down ‘low self-esteem’ the affirmation could be: “I am an awesome man/woman and I feel good about myself”.
Be creative, upfront and fearless. You are making a statement to yourself of your intentions.
Here are a few simple guidelines:
1- Present tense. Start all your affirmations in the present tense and have them already accomplished. You are telling your conscious mind that the affirmative action is taking place NOW and it is final. I AM HAPPY, I CHOOSE JOY, I HAVE CONFIDENCE. It is stronger and much more powerful than, I will be happy, or I am becoming happy, and so on.
2- How to phrase your affirmations. You can copy from an extensive list you’ll find on the Internet, use the examples below or simply write it down in your own words. Do it as plainly or as poetically as you speak. ” I am energetic and full of enthusiasm. I am safe, I am a prosperous man/woman. I attract positive people, I release my anger.” Make copies of it and leave it around the house, car and your office desk. The more you are reminded of the positive affirmations the more your mind will accept the new concept you are bringing forth. You will create a new positive reality and the universal energy will do the rest to connect this good energy to other positive energies.
3- Positive means Positive. Your subconscious usually focuses on the verb and relates it to past experiences. If you have fears, phobias or whatever, be careful with your choice of words. If you are afraid and say I am not SCARED, it will register I AM SCARED. The NOT was assimilated and ignored by your mind. Say instead I AM COURAGEOUS or I AM FEARLESS. Don’t use affirmations that have a negative attachment. You can comfortably use I ACCEPT, I CHOOSE, I DESERVE, I AM. I developed one affirmation to counteract the negative thought that eventually peeks through, so I suggest you add it to the batch, ”I ACCEPT ONLY THE GOOD AND THE POSITIVE.”
Starting as you wake up, say the affirmations out loud or in your head five times. Repeat the same process three to four more times during the day, the last one just before going to bed.
I suggest you end the affirmation session with a thank you note. Gratitude will reinforce and validate the affirmations. Thank God, Jesus, a Spirit, the Force, the Universe or whatever you believe and feel comfortable with.
Visualize your affirmations with feelings and emotion. See yourself exactly as you are stating. It will add an extra psychological dimension and have a much deeper impact on your mind. Using this method of visualization early in the morning and at night will make your affirmations much more successful.
You can use affirmations to help build self-confidence, self-esteem, self-improvement and personal growth. It can also help conquer your fears and anger management. Affirmations have been successfully used to relieve anxiety and depression and are an excellent tool for weight control.
If you check the web under Positive Affirmations you’ll find a multitude of books and affirmations to help you.
Here are a few examples of affirmations by topics:
“I am ready to love and to be loved”
“I am surrounded by love”
“I love and accept myself exactly as I am”
“The love I give out returns to me multiplied”
“I am a loving, beautiful creative person and this is reflected in my relationships with others”
” I am now ready to receive more love, support and wealth from the vast supply of the universe”
“I see the beauty in my surroundings and I radiate joy and love”
“I deserve all that is good and prosperous in my life”
“Money flows to me from expected and unexpected sources”
“I deserve to collect all the wealth and the rich rewards of my success”
“My income is constantly increasing”
”I am well, I prosper, I am successful and I am free”
“Abundance, like a river flows in my life”
“I allow all the immense wealth and goodness of the universe to easily flow into myself”
Self-esteem – personal
“I now have the power to bring about all the positive changes in my life I desire”
“I am protected, guided, and connected with the highest good at all times”
“My personality is radiant with success, beauty and happiness”
“I am an awesome man/woman and I feel good about myself”
“I am at peace with my choices and what life throws in my path”
“I recognize and honor my talents, abilities, and skills”
“I choose to live my life the way that makes me happy”
“I am positively changing my life now, for the better in every possible way.
Have a great journey
Ton Pascal is a self thought , self help advocate and author. “My goal is to help as many people as possible how to stop living on the periphery of life. The e-book Dream Your Life Positively http://www.dreamyourlifepositively.com/ will show you how to stop living on the periphery of yourself. Your thoughts and dreams will provide for you a rich, meaningful and abundant life; this is the Law of Attraction at work. It will enable you to create the map of your life’s journey. It is not just being alive that makes life worth living, but the depth and sense you bring to your life.” For the hardcopy book on Amazon .com – http://bitly.com/159uo2.
Recently I responded to an email that posed the question, “How well do these affirmations really work?” Below is the response that I sent the person who asked the question. There are a number of important points that will be helpful to others, so I’m reprinting the information. Here it is…
The answer is that it depends on you and how well you apply them. One person can take a single principle outlined in the affirmations and become so inspired that they make millions. Others can listen to all of the affirmations a couple of times and do nothing with them. Sorry I can’t be more definite than that, but that’s the truth.
I think that the better question to ask “are the Power Affirmations are based on sound principles that can lead to success?” The answer is absolutely. Here are some of the primary principles that they are based on:
1. The Power Affirmations are stated in the positive. We become what we think about most of the time–our dominating thoughts.
2. The power of repetition of positive thought and suggestion. Repetition mixed combined with belief and a positive enthusiasm is the fastest way to condition your subconscious mind. The whole adverstising industry is based upon repetition of suggestive thought aimed at getting people to buy their products. Does it work? Just take a look at the trillions of dollars American’s spend each year largely as the result of billions of dollars spent on advertising. Successful business people are not stupid. They spend a lot of money on advertising because they know repetition of thought leads to people taking action to buy their products.
3. These power affirmations are foundational. As you listen to the power affirmations, you will find that there is a natural progression to the thoughts within the sections or (“discs”) and the sections themselves. This is not by accident. I initially created the program for myself with no intention of selling it or even sharing it with others. I went through the books that had the greatest impact on my life and extracted the primary points that I wanted to condition in my mind and translated them into Power Affirmations.
4. The power of multisensory learning. What do I mean by this? We have 5 senses–sight, sound, touch, smell, and taste. The more of the senses you can involve in learning, mixed with repetition and emotion, the faster you will learn. With the Power Affirmation recordings, you have an easy way to involve the senses of sound, sight, and touch (or feeling). Sound is obvious. You can involve the sense of sight by using the power affirmation posters or screen savers. Or just by looking at the list of affirmations in the eBook. Even more powerfully, using your creative vision and imagination. Feeling is involved when you add “physiology”–such moving your body with a feeling of certainty as you listen to or repeat the Power Affirmations. Tony Robins talks a lot about that concept in his books and seminars.
5. These affirmations are general. While there are specific concepts, there is no mention of specific goals or amounts of money, etc. Again this is by design so that anyone can use them. As you get better with using affirmations and more familiar with the language patterns, you will want to create specific Power Affirmations for your own situation–especially setting your Definite Major Purpose or Mission in life. For example, one of my personal power affirmations is related to reaching over 1,000,000 people with my free affirmations eBook and website by March 31, 2008. Or someone may want to target a specific weight amount if they over weight. But you have to learn to walk before you can run–and that’s where these affirmation recordings excel. You have to condition your mind so that your predominating thoughts are of success, health, happiness, prosperity, etc. in order for more specific affirmations to be effective. Then add power affirmations based on specific goals.
6. It’s best to use the affirmations in conjunction with a goal planning system. This is why I include an explanation of my RAP planning system in my eBook. It’s simple, but effective. That’s because you are organizing your plans on a daily basis around specific goals and measuring your progress daily. Even though the explanation of the system is only a few pages, this alone could be worth hundreds or even thousands of dollars to you. Why do I say that? I personally spent years of study and trial and error and thousands of dollars trying to find a way to plan and manage my life and my time. This is the ONLY system I have been able to consistently use (for several years now) to consistently achieve my goals. The key here is that the daily plans are ORGANIZED. While using a “to do” list is better than nothing, it’s generally ineffective and worse leads to stress and overwhelm. If you have any ambition (and obviously you do), if you create a random list of things you have to do and want to do, it will quickly become overwhelming if you don’t find a way to organize it. By the way, the idea for RAP came to me in a flash of inspiration while I was listening to my Power Affirmations.
7. The power of concentration and focus. When you read or listen to an audio recording, most of the information goes by so quickly that you don’t really have an opportunity to savor and meditate on a specific point in order to extract the full value. The recordings help you to focus your thoughts around the key points so that you are able to firmly plant it into your mind to give it the best opportunity to attract similar thoughts. This allows you to take advantage of the law of sowing and reaping–multiplication. This is a law of nature that you can easily see all around you.
For example, if you plant a single seed of corn, nurture it and care for it, eventually, it will bring forth a plant that has multiple ears of corn on it. And each ear of corn has multiple seeds. In fact, from that one seed of corn, not only are you able to grow enough to eat a portion of it, there is also more than enough to plant more seeds next season. Over a number of seasons of seedtime and harvest, that single seed of corn can lead to a whole field of corn (this is why I say super abundance is a law of nature–the multiplicative process of seedtime and harvest). Think of each thought as a seed. As it grows into maturity, it attracts a number of thoughts of a similar nature. Before long, the mind is saturated with these dominating thoughts. This is why it is so important to protect your mind from any kind of negative influence or thought suggestion. The best way to protect yourself is by continuously planting positive thoughts and nurturing them. And learning to recognize negative thoughts and avoiding them.
With agriculture, there is a definite season for seed time and harvest that operates like clockwork. You can’t plant a seed of corn and come back the next day to reap the harvest. The great thing about sowing positive seeds of thought is that there is no set time for the harvest to come. While time is a factor, there are other steps you can take to accelerate your progress–such as concentration.
Well, that’s all that I have time for for now. I’m sure if I thought about it, there’s a lot more I could say. But that’s because this has been my area of focus for a long time–really ever since I first read Think and Grow Rich back in the late 70′s. What is really important is that you get started immediately. Don’t fall into the trap of thinking you have to know everything about affirmations before you will start to receive the benefits. Start with just listening daily and going through the RAP process. RAP will help you measure your personal progress. Be patient. Allow yourself to grow. Remember, seedtime and harvest. The harvest will come soon enough, but only if you sow the seeds and nurture them. It can come faster than you may currently think is possible–it’s all up to you.
Copyright (c) 2005 Bill Marshall – All rights reserved. Feel free to republish this article with copyright and link information included.
For practical self-improvement tips, visit http://www.poweraffirmations.com. Get my new free e-book, “Power Affirmations: Power Positive Conditioning for Your Subconscious Mind”